Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Random Harvest by James Hilton; pub by Books You Hear

As the introduction to this audio version points out, although historical fiction today, it was contemporary fiction when published.  It has that contemporary immediacy even now.

I first read Random Harvest in high school, on the bus ride home (it was boarding school, so it wasn't just an hour read). I've read it many times since then. My love of this book meant an audio book needed to be great to augment the text or at least good not to detract from it.

I'm pleased to say that this multi-voiced cast production augments the text.

Hilton has some striking quotable lines (which you may find for yourself). But rest assured I think you will find some of your own.

My only regret about this book is the same one people have about any great books they have read: I can never read it for the first time ever again. But maybe you can read it for the first time. You'll be glad to share my regret if you do.
x

No comments: